About Our Client:
Our client is a global leader in the automotive manufacturing space.
Location: Blenheim, ON
The Materials Manger is responsible for maintaining 100% on-time shipment and delivery to the customer. This position reports to the Plant Manager and manages the employees in the Materials Department.
- HS&E Element Champion for elements listed in the BLN-HSE-P-001 HSE Leadership procedure
- Manage under operating priorities of plant HS&E, Customer Satisfaction, Productivity and Profitability.
- Analyze customer requirements and ensure timely and accurate shipping and receiving activities while acting as a liaison between the company and customer.
- Manage the materials function including scheduling of production and maintenance of optimum raw materials and finished goods inventory levels.
- Management of warehousing, shipping and receiving activities
- Analysis and interpretation of customer releases.
- Responsible for forecasting volumes monthly and annually.
- Liaison with customers and suppliers.
- Responsible for department operating budget.
- Responsible for implementation of safe work practices.
- Manage the purchasing function for plant.
- Manage freight cost with continuous improvement.
- Manage warehouse and inventory flow in plant in accordance with 5S.
- Oversee month-end closing processes.
- Educate team and drive lean concepts and WPS using toolbox.
- A member of the management team with responsibility for planning, health/safety, budgeting and implementing TQM and best methods.
- Drive out waste through VSM, 5Q or LTR activities.
- Other duties assigned as required.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have strong computer skills, with a knowledge of Microsoft Office Products preferably
- Working knowledge of purchasing principles is desired
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are a must when dealing with customers and suppliers
- Experience in Just in Time shipping, receiving and inventory systems in an automotive environment would be a definite asset
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and progressive experience in Materials Management related functions with demonstrable knowledge and skills of MRP including computerized materials scheduling, inventory control, and production scheduling
To apply, please send a resume to Amanda Graham at Amanda.Graham@summitsearchgroup.com
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For: