Occupational Health and Safety Manager
If you are a forward-thinking Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Manager who is more about looking to the future than the present, this may be your next role. We need someone with vision and creativity to lead and evolve an already outstanding Health & Safety program. Combine that with the ability to live in an affordable community that provides every advantage of west coast living and you have a combination that couldn’t be much better for a family or individual not to mention your career.
Our client, Cermaq Canada is currently looking for an Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Manager to join their team. As the OHS Manager, your mandate will be to optimize and improve health and safety performance and metrics through the continuous improvement of an engaging and proactive health and safety culture.
Base Location: Campbell River Administration Office
Travel Requirements: Frequent regional travel required
- Manage the OH&S department to follow the corporate safety programs and policies so that it is fully implemented, maximized and continuously improved
- Support all employees and the OHS Officer through guidance, coaching and mentorship
- In collaboration with the HR department, advise on the continuous monitoring of the Injury Management Program for active participation by employees
- Seek new opportunities, initiatives and programs that will create a proactive safety culture
- Design, deliver and monitor for quality training internally or in partnership with outside suppliers
- Guide the timely revisions of Safe Work Procedures and Safe Operating Procedures
- Track and report out in a timely manner OHS areas of concern, projects and statistics
- Create and execute a communications plan that will provide relevant and timely delivery of key messages and changes to the OHS Program
- Act as an advisor to the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee
Human Resource Management
- Lead the reporting departments to ensure collaborative and efficient teamwork both internally and with other departments
- Encourage the development of all direct reports to their maximum potential to ensure efficiency and engagement
- Promote a positive workplace that treats all persons with respect and dignity, compliance to all safety procedures, the morale of all employees in the departments
- Resolve complex problems that may require cross divisional support
- Establish performance standards for all direct reports then evaluates and monitors progress
Education & Experience
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Degree in OHS or equivalent
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional Designation
- Minimum of four years management experience in a similar role in an industrial or manufacturing setting
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time by boat, car or plane to remote locations
- Ability to manage multiple complex priorities and align resources for completion
- A working knowledge of OHSAS 18001 and Certification of Recognition (COR) considered an asset
- Prerequisites to employment include a criminal record check and employment reference verification
Cermaq Canada is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.
Cermaq Canada has a progressive view of reconciliation with Indigenous peoples. Although wholly committed to hire the best candidate available, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples for this role.
To apply, please email your resume to Wynne To at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted.
RecruiterHuman Resources Management
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Occupational Health and Safety Manager
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.