Our client is looking for a well established Payroll Administrator to take ownership of the payroll processes. Reporting to the VP, Finance & Administration and working in close partnership with the HR Manager, the Payroll Administrator would take ownership for the accurate and timely processing of payroll processes and perform other payroll related administrative duties as required. They will also assist the Human Resource Department in various processes related to employee compensation. This is a unique hybrid role for someone with a payroll/accounting background and a keen interest in Information Security. It’s an opportunity for a smart, curious, innovative and incredibly accurate individual to join a highly engaged team.
- Process and input high volume bi-weekly payroll for salaried and hourly payrolls in accordance with established company practices and procedures.
- Collect, analyze, enter, calculate and verify payroll information, including hours and statutory deductions.
- Review time records for accuracy, completeness and authorization in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintain and adjust employee information in the payroll and time management systems (Ceridian Dayforce).
- Perform off-schedule payments, such as reimbursements, termination pays, lump sum payments.
- Ensure payment of various deductions such as garnishments are sent to the appropriate authorities accurately and on time.
- Process and verify Records of Employment for terminated and on leave employees.
- Respond and verify requests for information from various agencies including the Canada Custom and Revenue Agency (CRA) and Service Canada.
- Prepare and reconcile bi-weekly and monthly payroll statements/reports.
- Prepare and process year-end payroll.
- Prepare and process quarterly payroll for US account.
- Manage all changes to payroll and benefits: – Setup of new employees. – Employee benefits processing. – Earnings changes. – New or ongoing deductions.
- Provide backup support, and carry out ad-hoc tasks, special research and analysis projects to support Finance and HR.
- 2+ years’ payroll and/or accounting experience including processing year end activities.
- Excels in a fast paced environment with proven ability to multi task.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and operates with integrity.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Strong time-management and organizational abilities.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with a concentration in Accounting, or similar relevant education/experience.
- Canadian Payroll Association Certification – PCP would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of the Employment Standards Act, Canada Pension Plan, Canada Revenue Agency regulations, Employment Insurance, Employer Health Tax and WSIB regulations.
- Experience using payroll systems ( Ceridian Dayforce is an asset)
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Experience dealing security clearances would be considered an asset.
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing
- RRSP matching
- 100% Employer paid group benefits
For additional details, please contact Laura Fair at Summit Search Group directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902 446 6292.
Note that only those candidates who fulfill the requirements will receive a response.
RecruiterAccounting and Finance
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.