People and Culture Specialist – Campbell River
We are excited to partner with our client, Cermaq Canada, to assist them in filling the role of People and Culture Specialist based out of Campbell River.
The Role: The People and Culture Specialist actively contributes to the strategic mandate of the organization by providing leadership and direction to the human resources and cultural elements with proactive customer service.
Remuneration: Cermaq Canada offers a competitive salary and a corporate bonus. Full benefit package.
Base Location: Campbell River Administration Office (some relocation cost could be negotiated for the right situation)
Travel Requirements: Some regional and national travel required
Number of direct and total reports: None
- With an awareness of the production cycle, be able to understand the importance of the production of premium quality fish from egg to plate to exceed customer satisfaction throughout the value chain
- Deliver service at a regional level yet are beneficial to the company wide operations with a focus on internal customer service
- Assist with the continual improvement of human resource functions that provide Cermaq with world class certifications
- Develop, train and maintain the organizational development programs (performance management, mentoring, etc) to meet or exceed company targets with quality customer service
- Develop and maintain initiatives so that give the company a culture that is diverse, inclusive and engaging
- Lead the employee lifecycle functions supporting managers from recruitment to offboarding so that there is a positive, consistent, fair and professional experience
- Implement and monitor leadership and career development programs including facilitation
- Enhance the HR functions by maximizing employees’ self-service and department use of software and systems
- Advise and direct managers on progressive discipline issues that ensure a fair and consistent application of policy
- Draft clear and concise internal communications that enhance our department functions adequately informing the employees
- Continually improve our HR functions by bringing forward new ideas and concepts and maximizing the resources at hand
- Create standardized and ad hoc reports as requested to aid in monitoring, decision making or projects
- To describe the model of ‘Responsible salmon for life’
- Direct the implementation and monitoring of the Cermaq Canada Management System that keeps to the corporate commitments
- Assist with the recruitment and retention of First Nations employees while working to create an engaging workplace for all
- Promotes compliance to all safety procedures to ensure the health and well-being of all persons
- Promotes a positive workplace that treats all persons with respect and dignity devoid of discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Collaborates with Management locally with a focus on customer service that achieves corporate commitments
- Leads self being mindful of the core values and leadership principles that guide all employees at Cermaq for example:
- Leads self to ensure collaborative and efficient teamwork both internally and with other departments
- Promotes the morale of all employees to keep engagement high and reduce turnover
Education, Experience and Skills
- Business Degree specializing in HR or Organizational Development or combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum of five years strategic HR experience in a mid to large size organization
- Prior experience working with projects from planning to rollout including monitoring and change management
- Experience facilitating training and meetings
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills that drives results for the direct team as well as provides consultation to managers
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation or equivalent an asset
- Valid driver’s license required due to occasional regional travel to other worksites on Vancouver Island and the ability to travel nationally
- Capable of boat, car and plane travel
Cermaq Canada is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.
Cermaq Canada has a progressive view of reconciliation with Indigenous peoples. Although wholly committed to hire the best candidate available, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples for this role.
To apply, please email your resume to Chad Rutherford at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
People and Culture Specialist – Campbell River