Plant Manager: Food, Nova Scotia
Summit Search Group is excited to be seeking an experienced Plant Manager (Food)
Opportunity – Plant Manager:
Manage the operational and fiscal activities of the Plant. Plan and develop systems, tools and procedures to maintain and improve the operating efficiency and quality of the facility. Provide for a healthy and safe work environment. Manage and direct staff in accordance with company policies and in adherence to regulatory requirements. Responsible for hiring, to provide motivation and consistent fair direction, as well to provide training and a platform for continuous improvement for all employees as deemed necessary.
This position reports to: VP
This position has the following positions reporting to it:
- Chief Engineer
- Production Manager
- Stockroom Manager
- OH&S Coordinator
- Operations Lead
- Maintenance Manager
- Freezer Manager
- Sales and Logistics Coordinator
- Receptionist/Inventory Clerk
This position is responsible to:
- Manage the operational and fiscal activities of the Plant Facility including: staffing levels, budgets, financial goals, programs and policy.
- Ensure compliance to all process and product quality parameters.
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and adhering to CSLP Safety Policy and regulatory legislation.
- Foster and lead an open communicative team environment.
- Schedule and oversee effective and timely Operations Meetings.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the GM, BDM’s and other professionals to ensure we are servicing the business, with a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Continually evaluate operations and employee performance and provide direction as required.
- Evaluate and provide training to all employees as needed to add value and increase development.
Duties & Accountabilities (Responsibilities):
- Property – ultimate responsibility for the maintenance, security, and safety of the facility and property.
- Employee safety – provide and promote a safe work environment.
- Plant Overheads – adherence to budget, constantly strive to reduce cost, yet maintain the facility in a safe condition.
- Capital Projects – continually reviewing the operation for supportive ROI projects that reduce cost and or improve quality. Seek support, and approval. Explore avenues for any and all government assistance.
- Food Safety – ensure compliance to our product specifications, government regulations, CSLP micro, sanitary and hygiene requirements as well as all other aspect of the QMP/HACCP and pending BRC certification.
- Inventory Control and Production Forecasting – the Plant Manager must be prepared at all time to answer quickly and accurately questions related to inventory levels, inventory forecast, and production schedules.
- Direct supervision of the senior management team and all direct reports.
- Ensure all personnel are focused on divisional and corporate goals.
- Instill, encourage and support a team environment and open communication.
- Lead direct reports in investigating and evaluating new technology that may lead to improvements in process and operations.
- Ensure and verify full compliance to CSLP, OHS and WHSCC safety standards.
- Ensure and verify full compliance to CSLP, CTPAT, PIP, and other regulatory and security policies.
- Ensure and verify full compliance to all other CSLP policies.
- Conduct performance reviews of direct reports, provide evaluation, support and training as required and requested but within the confines of the budget.
- Provide strong coaching and mentoring to all direct reports.
- Provide leadership in the Plant budgetary process, providing accurate detailed process and plant information as required.
Key Behavioral Competencies (Personal Characteristics):
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively.
- Analytical thinking/problem solving – must have the ability to take information, digest it and make sound decisions and recommendations.
- Team focus – ensure that the interests of all the functional areas are considered when making recommendations and must have the ability to work with others in a cooperative and goal-oriented manner.
- Relationship building – must foster relationships that support the company goals internally and externally.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to deal with and manage high-stress situations effectively.
- Must be reliable, treat people fairly, honestly and with respect.
- 7-10 years of manufacturing/supply chain experience in positions of increasing responsibility with a proven track record of successful leadership.
- University Degree in Business Management, Food Technology, Process Engineering or related discipline.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance programs in a food environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Participates in industry associations and local businesses.
- English language is required. For additional details regarding this leadership role, please contact Cynthia McCutcheon: email@example.com or call 902 405 3607.
Summit Search Group would like to thank everyone who applies but only those professionals whom meet the criteria will receive follow up discussions.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Plant Manager: Food, Nova Scotia
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.