Pre-Construction Manager, Winnipeg
Summit Search Group, a professional and executive search firm, is recruiting a Pre-Construction Manager to join a premium General Contractor in Winnipeg. Our client has a top reputation, and is looking to grow their team.
The Pre-Construction Manager is a client-focused, senior estimator who has a strong attention to detail, along with an impressive work ethic. The successful candidate is a leader in communication internally and externally, and have a successful track record in managing large projects. The Pre-Construction Manager is responsible for the management of the company’s project before it begins. This involves the management of sub-trades, architects, engineers, design and all pricing. This position reports to the CEO, and while it manages relationships, it doesn’t have any direct reports.
- Provide oversight on cost control and ensure that projects are completed and meet the expected schedule, quality and budget.
- Plan and conduct design meetings in preliminary and planning stages of project.
- Prepare and distribute drawings and project documents. Ensure that contractors and municipal authorities have all relevant and current documents.
- Create estimates for general requirements.
- Manage and coordinate the tendering of projects.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with sub-trades, suppliers, consultants, engineers, architects.
- Negotiate contracts, award contracts, and transition project to Senior Project Manager.
- Complete Building Permit Applications, Development Permit Applications, Re-zoning, Variances, Subdivisions, and other project requirements.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field;
- 5-10 years of experience in a construction group, in an estimating role. Commercial experience is preferred.
- Clear understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, scopes, building science, scheduling, logistics and construction methodology.
- Extensive practice in the area of estimating, constructability, and construction methods.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to effectively communicate with our side organizations and select groups within the organization:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of construction drawings and specifications
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity to work for a top employer in Winnipeg, please contact Jessica Willis at [email protected] While we appreciate all interest, only those qualified will be contacted.
RecruiterOperations Project Management Management Engineering
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For: