President – Retail
Our client is successful chain of food stores with multiple locations throughout Ontario.
Our client is currently seeking a seasoned business leader to join their growing organization. As an experienced executive, the President will dually focus on growth and operational excellence through validating processes, supporting special initiatives, escalating business opportunities and ensuring continuity.
The successful individual is responsible for working with corporate teams and franchisees to influence sales growth, compliance and expansion plans. The President plays an important role in market messaging and collaboration through leadership and brings the ability to influence positive outcomes. This position is also responsible for overall management of coaching and development for corporate teams to ensure stores operate according to the organization’s brand.
Strategy and Planning
- Accountable for business leadership and the development and delivery of the Annual Business Plan
- Identify, develop and foster strategic relationships that complement the organization’s activities and value to the overall business
- Ensures collaborative planning with corporate teams to maximize efficiencies, as well as franchising and business development team to fully capitalize on marketplace opportunities
- Ensure application of established corporate financial and internal controls
- Ensure that the business has a compelling recruitment and retention strategy that attracts talent and provides a comprehensive training and development program
- Communicate the Company’s vision and strategy
- Develop and drive a high performing team through effective use of coaching, open feedback and performance management processes
- Ensure objectives and focused development plans are in place for each individual
- Develop strong internal and external relationships with a focus on continuous improvement, innovative outcomes and business performance
- Communicate fully with ownership and management team, as well as others as required
- Lead and facilitate the effective management of all activities and resources within the scope of the business
- Development of plans to achieve long term business growth targets
- Review marketing, sales and supply chain requirements to ensure resources are efficiently utilized
- Provide monthly financial reporting, monthly forecasts and estimated annual forecasts
- Oversee the development of product/brand positioning, packaging, signage and pricing strategies to produce the highest possible long-term market share
Required Skills and Attributes:
- A seasoned, proven leader who can mobilize cross functional teams to exceptional performance
- Effectively combines the ability to think strategically with a hands-on, results focused approach
- Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- High energy; driven and ambitious; high focus on results
- Personal track record of achievement
- Significant experience at a senior level in Sales and Operations leadership in the retail sector
- Experienced in working with major retailers and suppliers with a strong network of contacts and proven relationship management skills
- Understands the shifting dynamics in the franchised retail landscape and can adapt and shape the direction of the organization in this environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 15+ years of related retail leadership experience, preferably in a franchised business environment
To apply, please send a resume to Allison Dwyer at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
President – Retail