Process & Efficiency Director
We are excited to partner with our client, Cermaq Canada, to assist them in filling the role of Process & Efficiency Director based out of Campbell River.
The Role: The Process & Efficiency Director actively contributes to the strategic mandate of the organization developing, collaborating on the implementation and monitoring of the continuous production improvements for increased profitability
Remuneration: Cermaq Canada offers a competitive salary and a corporate bonus.
Base Location: Campbell River Administration Office
Travel Requirements: Some regional and international travel required
Number of Direct Reports: Up to 5 cross functional reporting relationships
Number of Total Reports: Zero
Reports to: Managing Director
- With an awareness of the production cycle, be able to understand the importance of the production of premium quality fish produced meeting or exceeding financial targets, from egg to plate to exceed customer satisfaction throughout the value chain and the related processes and costs to produce such a product
- Advise on the financial aspect of continual improvement processes that provide Cermaq with competitive products in the market to maximize profitability
- Direct and coordinate a detailed process analysis of the production value chain and supporting services aimed at optimizing operations with cost improvements and where possible production volumes
- Analyze and redesign of current operations, equipment availability and utilization as well as future changes
- Establishes processes and structures to engage cross functional employees in the continuous improvement of production
- Monitor, analyze and report out timely and accurate ad hoc and monthly process and costing results as part of a new cost improvement program
- Activity participate in the budget process for capital expenditures for life cycle cost-benefit analysis with follow-up on effectiveness of the initiatives with modeling out actual IRR, ROCE and NPV rates compared to forecast
- Capture efficient and clean finance and production data with assistance from global for the output of historical trends and predictive analytics that allow for appropriate review of expenditure amounts and timing
- Support management in identifying then implementing improvement projects related to driving costs down across multiple production areas
- Review and contribute to the comments on monthly, quarterly and annual financial forecast for reporting out to Cermaq AS
- Review the external audit of internal controls and fiscal year end reports to ensure that comments are provided
- Stay current on all levels of compliance and regulations including IFRS, Canadian GAAP so to eliminate or minimize risk to the organization
- Report out and liaise with the Managing Director, Cermaq head office and any other global divisions for informing of current conditions
- Foster a high level of productive, progressive and supportive collaboration with the Cermaq Canada Management team and Management System that keeps to the corporate commitments
- Review for analysis monthly/quarterly Cermaq sustainability reporting for inclusion of recommendations
- Recommend improvements to the Cermaq Canada Management System that keeps to the corporate commitments
- Promotes compliance to all safety procedures to ensure the health and well-being of all persons
- Promotes a positive workplace that treats all persons with respect and dignity devoid of discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Collaborates with Management globally and locally with a focus on customer service that keeps to the corporate commitments
- Leads self being mindful of the core values and leadership principles that guide all employees at Cermaq for example;
- Leads self to ensure collaborative and efficient teamwork both internally and with other departments
- Encourages the development of others by contributing their expertise to their maximum potential to ensure efficiency and engagement
- Promotes the morale of all employees in the departments to keep engagement high and reduce turnover
- Resolves complex problems that may require cross divisional support in such a manner that organizational goals and efficiency are maintained
Education, Experience and Skills
- Accreditation of a chartered professional accountant CPA and/or a Masters degree in Business Administration considered an asset
- Minimum of five years management experience in a similar role with mid-size organization
- Prior experience working with strategic budget & production analysis
- Excellent Excel skills, experience with Microsoft EAP, preferred, any experience with Power BI or Microsoft Tableau also highly sought after
- Project management skills considered an asset
- Proven interpersonal and communications skills that drives change from a high level of trust, engagement and collaboration
Physical Job Requirements
- Capable of boat, car and plane travel
Cermaq Canada is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.
Cermaq Canada has a progressive view of reconciliation with Indigenous peoples. Although wholly committed to hire the best candidate available, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples for this role.
To apply, please email your resume to Chad Rutherford at [email protected]
Please note that only those candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Process & Efficiency Director