Summit Search group has partnered with our client, an international player in the supply and installation of natural stone, and hard surface finishes. Their principal markets include luxury resorts and condominiums, high end commercial centers and mausoleums. With projects underway in the Caribbean, United States and Canada, they have become the go-to expert in the natural stone market for large general contractors and developers. Their experience and far-reaching network are key to the company’s success, which coupled with their dedicated staff of professionals provide the skill level needed to be successful in a global marketplace.
As a Project Manager/Estimator you will play a key role in providing project management support to new and ongoing Marble and Tile supply and installation projects. Your key responsibilities will be creating cost competitive and accurate bids, developing and maintaining customer relationships, managing the project budget and schedule and directing the procurement process. This position will be based out of the head office in Bolton but will require travel (25% – 40% of the time) to the US and Caribbean.
- Generation of complete bid packages including comprehensive and annotated digital take-off from current architectural drawings and detailed estimate spreadsheet with accurate and up to date pricing information
- Developing project schedules, budgets and a procurement plan from the detailed estimate, taking the project from estimate to production
- Creating and managing product and technical submittals through to client approval
- Creating ongoing cost-to-complete and budget performance analyses using the budgeting Excel template
- Generating monthly invoicing through the progress pay application process
- Managing the project team including site supervisor, field staff and project coordinator
- Administering and estimating client level changes and change orders as they apply to the budget and contract accounting
- Understand and control the schedule to mitigate potential delay
- Keep in close contact with suppliers, other trades, the client and their staff
Required Skills and knowledge
- A background in the marble industry is strongly preferred as is a working knowledge of installation methods and materials as defined by the MIA, TCNA and ANSI 137
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications
- Exceptional competency using Microsoft Excel including: Data Import/Export and Handling, Utilizing Tables, Pivot Tables and background VBA functions and Inter-workbook information handling
- Exceptional competency with Digital Take-off Software and Drafting Software, preferably On-Center (or other estimating software)
- Exceptional time management skills, and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships
Education and Experience
- 7+ Years of Field Experience in the marble industry, hard surface materials, or finishing trades
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Sciences or equivalent
- North American Professional Engineering License, PMP designation or equivalent
To apply, please send a resume to Lisa Armstrong at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
RecruiterProject Management Other
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For: