Our client is a Manitoba owned full-service fire suppression business which includes fire alarms and automatic sprinkler systems. Established in 2001, they have evolved their business and experienced rapid growth to meet the needs of their customers.
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the safety system and working with management to ensure the system is meeting the objectives of this COR certified company. The coordinator will work with Management, the Safety Committee and Employees so they meet regulatory requirements. They will update safety systems and ensure they are properly monitored and controlled. They will oversee annual safety audits, oversee and perform incident investigation and attend to job sites to assess safety awareness.
- Develop and maintain safety policies, procedures and systems with the support of management and employees, and ensure compliance throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ensure safety system meets regulatory and customer requirements.
- Perform internal and coordinate external safety audits and prepare all related reporting and documentation both both internal stakeholders and external bodies such as WCB and Provincial Health & Safety.
- Develop and maintain key safety indicators and assess safety systems effectiveness and cost.
- Support safety committee by coordinating it activities and ensuring it meets it regulatory requirement.
- Review Customer Documents (Contracts, PO, Bid documents) as they relate to safety and ensure that the company can comply with requirements.
- Oversee and perform incident investigations as required and prepare any related reporting required.
- Make site visits and provide feedback to managers and employees about safety issues.
- Provide and oversee safety training for all employees.
- Maintain system to track training and certification expiration dates.
- Provide information to manager certification and training requirements.
The successful candidate is a recognized safety professional through post secondary training or certification (CRSP, CSP etc) and possesses a working knowledge of safety regulations for Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Ontario. You are able to work independently and thrive in a complex and busy work environment where you have 5 years of experience overseeing safety programs. With a collaborative and team approach, you are an influencer in the workplace and have previous experience with coaching and training within a safe work environment.
RecruiterOperations Project Management Technician and Technologist Other
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.