Sales Finance Manager – CPG Industry
The Sales Finance Manager is a key financial advisor and a thought leader in the internal annual financial planning process. The incumbent collaborates with customer and financial planning teams to understand and establish fiscal scorecards with shared metrics, financial guardrails and builds key process financial design and tools to ensure consistency of approach across the selling organization.
Internal On-Going Plan Scenario Development
- Leads and conducts monthly internal reviews of volume projections and total commercial spending to identify risks, gaps and opportunities.
- Communicates review outputs with sales leadership and works for proactive solutions. Summarizes status of Customer Contribution for current month and YTD
- Assists with analytics surrounding the impact of customer-specific consumer & shopper promotional activity correlated with customer promotions, seasonality, and competitive activity (within Retailer or outside Retailer).
Customer Financial Analysis & Insights
- Builds strong alliances as the key fiscal contact within the sales team, while interfacing with internal; stakeholders (i.e. corporate finance) and customers to understand their fiscal performance measurements.
- When required; collaborates with external customers to establish joint fiscal scorecards with shared metrics that produce mutually beneficial results.
- Leads the financial scorecard assessment each period in interpreting results leading to potential course correcting actions.
- Supports sales team in developing, managing and evaluating “day and day” P/L’s and business recommendations.
- Assists in building and managing annual & long-term business agreements.
- Is a leader within the collaborative cross functional annual planning process to produce desired business results that are communicated throughout the organization.
- Builds process design and leads the quantification of the impact on the organization of pricing & promotion strategies & initiatives
- Develops plans for improvements in non-performing trade (i.e. terms, unsalables) spend
- Assists in developing and implementing strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Reviewing market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Providing coaching and training in support of performance evaluations and in developing controllable sales programs.
- Preparing monthly analysis of individual sales performance and results.
- Analyzing sales statistics to formulate policy and assisting sales force in promoting sales.
- Meeting with key clients to assist sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Analyzing and controlling expenditures with customers to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Preparing periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Monitoring and evaluating the activities and products of the competition.
- Trade Spend analytics
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills with experience identifying key issues through fact-based quantitative and qualitative analysis and then structuring and evaluating strategic alternatives.
- Demonstrated expertise using MS Office suite with emphasis in Excel and Powerpoint. Experience with JD Edwards or similar reporting programs is desired.
- Takes timely and effective action and follows through on commitments to deliver sustainable results. Consistently meets targets and strives for stretch. Lines up personal actions with our company values
- Improves business results through new ideas and actions. Encourages and participates in innovative approaches. “Finds a better way every day.”
- Demonstrates strong business knowledge and takes appropriate action to drive results. “Knows and grows the business
- Provides value-added solutions targeted to meet internal / external customer expectations in everything we do.
- Communicates clearly and persuasively so that messages and information are understood and can be acted upon. Encourages open and respectful exchange of ideas and opinions to accomplish objectives
- Contributes to and builds an efficient and effective team where the value of a team is understood and team members are engaged.
Education and Experience:
- University Degree – Commerce/Finance
- 5 years’ experience in accounting and/or finance
- Professional Accounting Designation
- Sales or Sales Operation experience desired
- Experience identifying problems, trends, and strategic opportunities using data analysis and then formulating, recommending and presenting appropriate actions to management.
- Experience in setting direction, defining roles and clarifying work, motivating people to tasks, and measuring success in achieving goals.
To apply, please send resume to Shannon Terpstra at email@example.com
Finance, Trade, Accounting,
RecruiterAccounting and Finance
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Sales Finance Manager – CPG Industry
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.