Our client, a leader in the skylight business is seeking a dynamic and driven sales person to join their team for their Oakville – Niagara territory. The primary purpose of this position is to gain market share by influencing the trade and facilitating the sales through key dealers. This includes the development, execution, and coordination of all sales efforts within a specified territory. This position involves interface with Dealers, Builders, Contractors, Remodelers, Roofers and Architects. This position must regularly be out identifying and/or soliciting “new” or “expanded” sales opportunities within their assigned territory.
- Secure orders from existing and new clients by means of visiting the client’s clinical office, teaching center, institutional facilities or contacting by phone.
- Secure opportunities to quote on client requirements.
- Follow up (by phone, email, or in person) on quotations submitted to clients.
- Establish professional client relationships with appropriate client personnel (purchasing, architects, project managers, and key contact/point person).
- Submit weekly activity / call report concerning client related activities for quotes, orders, and problems concerning clients.
- Perform all assigned duties in the assigned sales territory, including but not limited to meeting or exceeding all sales goals and initiatives.
- Conduct product training session at client locations (i.e., Lunch-and-Learns).
- Provide client reports, as requested by manager, to include, but not limited to territory sales (loss/gain of major accounts, competitor activity impacting sales, sales successes, etc.).
- Provide a territory sales forecast on a monthly basis.
- Record all sales activity and client contact information in CRM system (Salesforce).
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Some knowledge of the building industry is preferred.
- Performs any directly related appropriate duties assigned by Management.
- Provides excellent product education to clients.
- Attend and generate sales at various Trade / Sales shows events at the instruction or direction of the Director, International Sales and / or VP of Sales.
- Continue to maintain and develop product knowledge on current and new products.
- Travel: Approximately 10% overnight travel.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education.
- 2+ years of outside sales experience.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess strong influence and persuasion skills.
- Track record of success.
- Must possess strong planning, prioritizing, and goal setting skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please forward resumes to Megan Newell at Summit Search Group firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.