Our client, an industry leader in pipe fitting solutions, is looking for a Sales Representative in Calgary. This person will focus on profitably developing the business unit by promoting the use of the company’s full line of products and engineered solutions. The successful candidate will be charged with generating and maintaining relationships with key mining companies, engineering firms, contractors and supporting the local distributor network.
• Promote to sell company products, concepts and services to prospects, specifiers, buyers, distributors and users
• Develop sales objectives, strategies and forecasts and concur with your manager
• Build and maintain good relationships with clients, prospects and distributors
• Develop and implement suitable promotion plans, with the help and approval of your manager, such as group presentations, regional shows, training seminars, branch visits and installation tours
• Find and follow major construction, expansion or retrofit projects
• Develop territory distributors to maintain the required customer service level
• Comply with pricing guidelines or make recommendations for special pricing for your manager’s approval
• Gain complete information for all quotation requisitions including application, specification, pricing and timing requirements
• Maintain up to date knowledge and skill for your job and advise your manager of any training needs
• Cooperate with inside sales, engineering and other support staff to ensure good teamwork to meet customer requirements
• Participate in your quality workgroup meetings and strive for continuous improvement in your work
• Report activities, progress, market information, new ideas, expenses and other relevant data as appropriate or as requested
• 3+ years of outside sales experience, calling on the construction industry with specific knowledge or background in one or more of the following industries preferred: (HVAC, industrial, building products, mining, oil, municipal, or pipe, valve, & fittings industry).
• Evidence of the ability to interact effectively with contractors, owners, engineers, and distributors to build long-term relationships.
• Strong organizational and communication skills, above average mechanical aptitude, and the ability to interact with a diverse customer base.
• Degree or Diploma is an asset.
• Willingness to travel 20-30%
Remuneration for this role is a base of 70-80K with a strong commission program-OTE first year 100-110K+, company vehicle, great benefits, RSP matching, home office and growth opportunity!
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.