About Our Client:
Our client is a leading innovator in environmental sustainability in the Consumer Goods industry.
Reporting directly to the Finance Controller, the Senior Accountant is primarily focused on ownership of the books for multiple Entities as well as multiple currencies. The role may also support other areas as time permits. The successful candidate is detail oriented, has excellent communication skills, and is able to work well with internal and external members. Motivation, initiative, dependability and drive are imperative.
- Participate in month-end close activities including journal entries and reconciliations with supporting documentation.
- Loading and validating SAP BPC (including ECC, BS and Unrealized FX).
- Assists with weekly and monthly Sales Reports.
- Assist with various monthly filings including GST/HST & QST.
- Continuously improve operational and financial accounting processes and challenge status quo.
- Backup to other team members, as needed, and provide cross-training to other team members.
- Assist finance team during Budgeting process.
- Key participant in yearend Audit, providing all reconciliations with supporting documentation.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to demonstrate a broad range of accounting skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to use organizationally sensitive judgement, problem solving and decision-making to resolve immediate and anticipated issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Self-motivated and willing to take the initiative to get things done.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant Accounting experience
- Proficient with MS applications.
- CPA/CA/CMA/CGA designation is an asset
- Solid general accounting skills, including transactional, accruals and exposure to intercompany accounting and Consolidation
- Previous experience with SAP or similar ERP is an asset.
To apply, please send a resume to Jessica Alcock at Jessica.Alcock@summitsearchgroup.com
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
RecruiterAccounting and Finance
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.