Senior Accountant – Retail / Consumer Goods Industry
We have a terrific new role available for that hands on Senior Accountant.
We have the privilege to partner with this well branded and highly respected consumer goods firm to source and secure a Senior Accountant.
If you are a Senior Accountant professional looking to join a best in class organization, I want to hear from you!
The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing a variety of complex accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the organization’s financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, reconciling accounts and maintaining a complete and accurate general ledger so that the organization has a full and accurate statement of its financial position, and preparing more complex financial reports and analysis to support financial decisions by senior management.
This is a hands-on Accounting role!
What you should expect:
- Collect, compile, verify and analyze financial information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization, so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions.
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, intercompany, debt, payroll, corporate credit card, expense reports and other general ledger accounts by gathering and balancing information for all divisions.
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes in a timely manner.
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of accounting data by verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. Oversee the maintenance of books of account (including but not limited to journal entries, reconciliations, coding invoices).
- Maintain working papers and schedules and assist with preparation for any external audits or independent reviews with support from the Accounting Supervisor and Corporate Controller.
- Be knowledgeable on internal controls and actively support the control environment and processes of the company.
- Lead, coordinate and prepare a variety of complex and diverse reports, including financial and other accounting statements.
- Liaise with Finance staff to guide and support them in accounting needs related to their areas.
- Provide accounting advice within area of expertise to functional or operational area managers to help them understand financial reports and manage their financial transactions and budgets.
- Participate in special projects and additional tasks as required or assigned.
- Assist in maintaining policy and procedure documentation for complex financial and accounting issues, including researching, and preparing accounting issues position papers.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as required.
- Assist with government agency statistics survey filings (monthly, quarterly, and annually) and answer queries from government agencies on a timely basis.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant developments and trends in the accounting profession and the impacts on the organization’s books of account.
- Provide accounting services, as necessary.
What you should bring:
- CPA professional accounting designation and a related university degree or equivalent experience and education.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in financial management/general accounting.
- Working knowledge of financial statement preparation and reporting, including knowledge of IFRS accounting principles and practices.
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to details, ability to multi-task and set priorities while working under tight deadlines.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts, leading into problem resolutions.
- Strong ability to manage change and adoption of innovative and progressive tools, processes and systems.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and follow through to complete overlapping projects.
- Strong computer skills, with a high level of proficiency in Excel and MS Word.
- Experience working with an ERP system, and an understanding of computerized accounting systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to communicate well with various types of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners.
- Ability to work in a professional setting and ensure complete confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Assertive, and is a good team player, with good interpersonal and customer service skills.
To apply, please send a resume to Aman Sodi at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Senior Accountant – Retail / Consumer Goods Industry