Senior Software Developer
Our client is an international company that is a supplier of laser material processing and test systems. They are looking for a Senior Software Developer to joint their team in Ottawa.
As a Software Developer you contribute functional modules and updates to our clients machine platforms. As new systems and capability are developed, your tasks range from hardware-level functional updates through to implementing new stand-alone applications. You will be part of the development group solving real, mission critical problems that involve all aspects of machine control.
The group offers a unique opportunity as part of the R&D group developing in a wide field of technologies, including laser and high-speed beam manipulation, advanced robotics, high performance real-time control, machine vision, and robust user interfaces for critical 24×7 industrial application.
• Interpret and define specifications from high-level application down to functional level.
• Possess an in-depth knowledge of the products and their industrial application.
• Translate requirements into clear, concise, simple, efficient, re-useable, and testable code.
• Document internal and external (customer) specifications.
• Define and enforce uniform design patterns and syntax.
• Leverage existing code and adapt and refactor to maintain a common code base as functionality is developed.
• Hands-on implementation of higher-level architectural frameworks, functional modules, and low level algorithms.
• Lead in unit, system and acceptance testing by designing and executing tests and building test data, along with identifying and making improvements/fixes.
• Plan both short- and long-term development tasks.
• Respond to product support cases and manage debugging and resolution to fix the source of the problem.
Education and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
• Strong coding skills for both object-oriented and embedded C programming.
• Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in C# development for 24×7 industrial systems.
• Experience in embedded DSP and FPGA systems is an asset.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
• Experience managing and using source control tools.
• Disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently and in close collaboration within a development team.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please forward resumes to Megan Newell at Summit Search Group [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Senior Software Developer