Quality Control Supervisor
Our client is a leader in heating equipment looking to add a Quality Control Supervisor to the team. This position is responsible for the inspection and testing requirements of the implemented quality systems.
- Manages and prioritizes day to day assignments of QC Inspectors.
- Directly manages Quality Control Inspector positions.
- Responsible for monitoring job performance and reviewing training requirements.
- Maintains quality records, inspection & test checklists, non-destructive examination reports and records, Calibration records for measuring and test equipment.
- Distributes and maintains records of Non-conformance Reports.
- May perform the inspection and testing duties of the Quality Inspectors.
- May perform inspection and testing requirements of the Inspection and Test Checklists.
- Controls further processing or shipment of nonconforming product until proper written disposition has occurred.
- Ensures that measuring and test instruments and equipment are regularly and properly calibrated.
- Provides quality representation for CSA Special Inspections for manufactured products.
- Works with required Customer Inspectors that visit plant.
- Any other projects or assignments as determined by management.
Education and Qualifications
- College diploma or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing practices—ISO, ASME code, international standards, product certification under CSA, UL or CE.
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Good knowledge of manufacturing practices e.g. GMP, ISO, etc.
- Previous Supervisory Experience required
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge on ASME pressure vessel programs and NDE. ASME Section III and/or CSA N285 experience preferred.
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work in fast paced environment with continuous changing priorities
- Excellent knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
- Willing to be hands-on with work
- Team Player – willing to be cross trained in all aspects of Quality
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to take constructive feedback with the intent of improvement.
- Ability to look forward and be proactive.
- Proficient in EXCEL, Word & Outlook; knowledge in VISIO
To apply, please send a resume to Shannon Terpstra at email@example.com.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Quality Control Supervisor