Territory Sales Manager
Our client is a reputable company in the pet foods industry and they are looking for a Territory Sales Manager for a 14-16 month contract. The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) has the entrepreneurial responsibility of managing and overseeing a set territory to ensure sales targets are achieved. Being a champion of consultative selling, and having a passion for pet nutrition, the TSM will seek out new solutions and alternatives for retail partners and advocate for our client’s brand. Through effective route planning and understanding the resources available to effectively meet the demands of the territory, the TSM will keep their territories sales activities running smoothly within an approved budget.
This role will report to the Regional Sales Manager, Eastern Canada but will have a strong working relationship with the Canadian Sales team. This position would be based in Ontario and will be responsible for Central Ontario and the Maritimes Provinces.
- Plan and manage the day to day business and development of a given territory.
- Develop new store openings, market sales plans and Top 30 Account business plans.
- Ability to adjust presentation style to the buying needs of the account.
- Focus sales efforts by studying existing volume and potential volume of distributors in your given territory.
- Pro-actively coordinates efforts with other departments: marketing, customer service, Operations, transportation, and warehouse.
- Utilizing the consultative sales techniques and practices, maintain routine face-to-face contact with existing accounts to ensure customer needs are met and exceeded.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management.
- Execute margin/business plan presentations supplied by employer.
- Engage in quarterly reviews of performance and market penetration.
- Evaluates and creates opportunities to grow the territory within a fixed budget.
- Initiates grassroots sales techniques by scheduling appointments/drop-by to potential customers, making initial presentation, understanding account requirements and needs of potential customers.
- Closes new sales by building rapport with potential accounts, focusing on the account needs, explaining products and service solutions, welcoming and overcoming objections.
- Keeps sales management apprised of sales activity via various reports (CRM, call logs, work plans, territory analysis). Submits reports in a timely, organized manner.
- Maintains technical knowledge by learning about products and trends, reading industry publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in pet industry trade shows.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education, College or University.
- 3+ year of sales experience in a structured outside / field sales role; or equivalent experience conducting inside sales/customer service within a similar industry/environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including superior communication and interpersonal skills using consultative sales principles.
- Ability to work with various departments on resolving customer issues and suggesting enhancements and the ability to proactively identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Strategic and proven thinking skills with the ability to attract new business and develop and grow the customer base through identifying new opportunities within their designated territory.
- Exemplary time management skills.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please forward resumes to Megan Newell at Summit Search Group email@example.com.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Territory Sales Manager
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.