Territory Sales Representative
Our client is a strong player in the industrial space. The Territory Sales Representative will focus on developing multi market business in the Kingston area for all of the company’s engineered products and solutions by calling on engineering firms, owners, mechanical contractors and will support the local distributors. This position requires some commitment to overnight travel, estimated at 10-15%.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who is driven by performance and hungry to develop their career within this company!
- Promote to sell company products, concepts and services to prospects, specifiers, buyers, distributors and users.
- Research and report marketplace and competitive information for sales strategy planning and review.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and skill for your job and advise your manager of any training needs.
- Develop sales objectives, strategies and forecasts and concur with your manager.
- Build and maintain good relationships with clients, prospects and distributors.
- Develop and implement suitable promotion plans, with the help and approval of your manager, such as group presentations, regional shows, training seminars, branch visits and installation tours.
- Report activities, progress, market information, new ideas, expenses and other relevant data as appropriate or as requested.
- Cooperate with the corporate sales effort when sales influences are inter-territorial.
- Develop territory distributors to maintain the required customer service level.
- Comply with pricing guidelines or make recommendations for special pricing.
- Gain complete information for all quotation requisitions including application, specification, pricing and timing requirements.
- Work with inside sales, engineering and other support staff to ensure good teamwork to meet customer requirements.
- Find and follow major construction, expansion or retrofit projects with sales potential.
- Participate in your quality workgroup meetings and strive for continuous improvement in your work.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education, College or University required.
- 1-5 years of outside sales experience, calling on the construction industry with specific knowledge or background in one or more of the following industries preferred: (HVAC, industrial, building products, mining, oil, municipal, or pipe, valve, & fittings industry).
- Strong organizational and communication skills, above average mechanical aptitude, and the ability to interact with a diverse customer base.
- Ability to effectively influence and negotiate.
- Strong ability to build long-term relationships.
- Willingness to travel. Overnight travel expected at about 10-15%.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please forward resumes to Megan Newell at Summit Search Group email@example.com.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Position Applying For:
Territory Sales Representative
*If you experience trouble submitting your resume' here, please email the recruiter directly, you can find the recruiter's email address next to photo of the recruiter above, or contact your our local office.