Summit Search Group, a leading national recruitment agency, has partnered with our client to recruit an engaged and hands-on Warehouse Supervisor with a strong focus on customer service and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures;
- Assist warehouse team in order fulfillment and preparing loads for pick up or shipment;
- Provide a superior customer service experience to all internal and external partners and customers;
- Provide leadership to warehouse staff including coaching, training and performance management;
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees;
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded;
- Work with management team on the preparation of operating budgets;
- Perform safety audits and ensure safe work practices are adhered to at all times.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system;
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; plan future capacity requirements;
- People orientation with superior customer service abilities a must;
- 3+ years of previous warehouse experience plus 1 year minimum of supervisory experience;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities;
- Post secondary education- university/college or trade;
- Inventory control, freight and logistics experience required;
- Strong people management skills, including the ability to lead and motivate others, delegate work and explain ideas;
- Proficient in multitasking and effectively setting priorities;
- Fork lift certified;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills plus strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel);
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.