Introducing New Summit Search Group Website
The Summit team is pleased to introduce you to our new website. We have been working hard creating a fresh new look for the company. The new website was developed over the past months to include some important new features:
- Easy access to our job postings.
- The addition of an RSS Feed which will make it easy for you to stay up to date with new jobs as they are posted in near real-time!
- Introduction of our social media accounts where we hope to engage our job seekers and clients. Don’t forget to pop over to our Facebook page and click the LIKE button!
What is an RSS Feed?
RSS stands for Rich Site Summary. RSS is also often referred to as “Real Simple Syndication” which describes its functionality. You can easily subscribe to our new job posting RSS Feed by adding the feed address to a “reader”. Here are two commonly used feed readers:
- Google Reader is a service that is part of all Google accounts can be found here.
- Outlook is one of the most widely used email softwares. Modern versions will allow you to subscribe to RSS Feeds. In this manner you can view job postings just like reading new email messages. Microsoft has provided an excellent article describing this here.
As Microsoft writes in their article, “RSS provides a convenient way for content publishers to distribute information in a standardized format”.
This is a functionality of many modern websites, blogs and social sites! Now that you know a little bit about RSS Feeds you can start taking advantage of the many feeds that are available to you at your favourite websites and blogs. Look for the RSS Feed Icons to get started!
Thank you for making Summit your Canadian national recruiting and job placement agency of choice!
By Bruce Proctor Join me on Google+