About Our Client:
A premier moving and storage company that has been in business for over 70 years.
The Operations Manager is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day moving and storage activities to meet company goals, standards, sales and profits. Working with the sales team and the customer directly, the Operations Manager will ensure the efficient and effective delivery of customer’s goods through effective planning, staff management and organization.
• Oversee and manage the operations of the Ottawa location ensuring the highest level of efficiency is achieved.
• Responsible for scheduling staff.
• Manage 2 direct reports who are responsible for dispatching.
• Ensures compliance with industry regulations and guidelines.
• On-call emergency contact outside of normal business hours.
• Participate in training and development programs.
• Maintains office staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• Ability work perform under high pressure.
• Minimum 3 years operations management experience for a moving company.
• Extremely strong communication skills.
• Proven track record of leading a team.
• Strong decision making ability.
• Ability to effectively influence and negotiate.
• Highly driven to exceed goals.
• Good business and work ethics.
Interested candidates can send their resumes to Wendell Vye at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.